Yesterday evening, Eric Gordon gave an exclusive interview to Jessica Starbard of Fort Wayne News Channel 15.
As he had mentioned earlier Monday on the Black and Blue Report, Gordon thinks the Pelicans could be one of the highest scoring teams next season. Combining their efficiency of 2014-15 with an uptempo style more suited to their personnel should produce a ton of points.
However, as seen in the video above during his first ever basketball camp outside of Indianapolis in Fort Wayne, Indiana, Gordon expanded on a number of other thoughts.
- His motivation behind opting into the final season of the contract was the rest of the team. The fact they are largely as a group the same age, one of the youngest teams in the NBA and had just made the playoffs bodes well for a good future.
- The hiring of Alvin Gentry was also a motivating factor because he coaches a style of a quick pace of play that Gordon is a proponent of, and EG became familiar with Gentry when he had signed an offer sheet with Phoenix back in 2012.
- Gordon expects the Pelicans will run a system similar to the Golden State Warriors.
- EG wants to focus on his playmaking skills this summer because he expects to play a lot of the 1 and 2 (both point guard and shooting guard).
- Although it'll be tough, he and the rest of the Pelicans expect to make the playoffs next season. "It's all about building."
ICYMI: Here is the apology by Eric Gordon for his words back when he claimed his heart was in Phoenix.