- The Pelicans absolutely demolished the Timberwolves last night, 139-71. With the lopsided win, the team set a number of franchise records:
- A 139 point total.
- An 80 point first half.
- The 56 made field goals.
- The 66.7 field goal percentage.
- The 48-point margin of victory.
- 15 three pointers in a game tied the previous record.
- Monty Williams was happy:
"We played well. We shared the ball, 31 assists, 13 turn-overs, I thought we kept our rhythm with a big lead. The focus was great in practice this week. The focus was great in the shootaround, and there was a great effort again coming out of half-time. I just think the ball movement was awesome, our defense, we were awesome."
- Flip Saunders was mesmerized by our performance:
"I've been in the league 17 years and I've never seen anyone shoot like that," Minnesota coach Flip Saunders said of the Pelicans. "I could have put five chairs out on the court and they wouldn't have shot that well."
- And certainly not last, here are several Anthony Davis highlights:
- Eric Goodman, over at Databall, looked deeper into the historical performance against the Wolves. Here is a sample:
1st out of 13,908: The Pelicans now hold the NBA record for highest 3-pt FG % in a regular season game with at least 20 3-pt field goals attempts at 75%. There have been 13,908 teams that have attempted at least 20 3-pt field goals in a game.
- The Pelicans record stands at 5-3. The last time the team started so positively? 2010-11 where New Orleans began the season 8-0. Not coincidentally, that was the last time we made the playoffs, but unfortunately, the Pelicans made very little noise as an 8th seed against the Lakers. Losing David West to a season ending ACL tear had a lot to do with that.
- However, before anyone gets too comfortable, remember how we've been wary of the upcoming schedule. 10 of our next 13 games are on the road.