A few hours ahead of the official NBA announcement, At the Hive has obtained a copy of the 2011-2012 season schedule. Here are some of the highlights of the Hornets' season:
- The Hornets will open the season on Monday, December 26th at the Phoenix Suns.
- We'll play only one back-to-back-to-back series this season; seven teams in the NBA will play multiple such series. The Hornets' B2B2B will take place over Lundi Gras, Mardi Gras, and Ash Wednesday, and on the road.
- The Los Angeles Lakers will visit the New Orleans Arena twice, and the Boston Celtics will visit once. The first Lakers game will happen in March, the second in April.
- In sum, the Hornets will play the Lakers three times this year, the road game also coming in April.
- Neither Carmelo Anthony's New York Knicks nor LeBron James' Miami HEAT will make New Orleans visits this year, as called for by the original schedule. The Hornets will meet both teams on the road.
- The Hornets will play 48 games against the Western Conference and just 18 against the much weaker Eastern Conference this season.
- We'll play a home and away series against Derrick Rose's Chicago Bulls (one of the few teams, by definition, that we'll see twice from the Eastern Conference).
- The Hornets will visit Blake Griffin's Clippers twice on the season and host them in New Orleans.
- The Hornets will also play Stephen Curry's Warriors at home once and visit the Warriors in Oakland twice.
Have at it.