We're almost two months into Monty Williams' tenure as Head Coach, and I think we've seen enough of him to form some early opinions. Let's discuss Monty's early performance as Head Coach – what grade would you give him? Was he the best out of the candidates the Hornets considered during the offseason?
Some quick and dirty pros and cons:
- Consistent focus on defense has led to results - Conference-best defensive efficiency
- Appears to have turned team around after a nasty slide punctuated by the NBA's buyout of the Hornets
- Seems to be keeping Chris Paul happy
- Questionable decisions with playing time – Green vs. Thornton, Gray vs. Mbenga
- The stagnant offense has been the second worst in the Western Conference
- The Hornets have had bad second halves in several games (e.g. Spurs, Heat)
Let's kick the subject around in the comments.