Your morning link roundup. Have a bad "have a bad day" day.
- Gerry V writes an interesting piece about the difference between the Hornets' two games against the Mavs. In the win, the Hornets took a ton of shots at the rim, and in the loss, the Hornets had to settle for a lot of jumpers.
- Mavs Moneyball has a ton of great post-game quotes from the Wednesday night game.
- NBA Playbook analyzes the final play of Wednesday's game, saying that Dirk got the ball too far from the basket.
- Four Hornets were placed on the All-Star Ballot – Chris Paul, David West, Emeka Okafor, and Trevor Ariza. Congrats to them and we wish them well as the Rockets and Lakers dominate the voting.
- Ohio papers have different takes on Byron Scott returning to face his old team today – the Cleveland Plain Dealer looks at Scott's great relationship with Chris Paul. Meanwhile, the Akron Beacon Journa talks about the less than amicable parting of Scott and the Hornets organization.
- Reality Check: Via Coolstandings.com, the Hornets are expected to win about 50 games and have an 83% chance of making the playoffs, with a 16% chance of winning the division. There's a lot of season left to go.
- Hornets 247 recaps the happenings of the inaugural "Chalk Talk with Dell Demps."
- Finally, Emeka Okafor, Jr. (Emekafor's cousin) helped his Western Illinois team almost upset Missouri.