A look at what's made Game 7 Game 7 through the years, and some other random numbers.
- After 4 Game 7's in both 2006 and 2005, there was only one last year. After this game, we will have already had 3 in 2008.
- "Big Shot" Bob is 6-2 in Game 7's. Mike James (I'm fairly certain) is the only Hornet to have won a Game 7. Peja is 0-2 in Game 7's and Bonzi is also 0-2.
- In the last 10 years, the home team is 27-10 in Game 7 (about 73%)
- All time, the home team is 80-19 (about 80%)
- In the last 10 years, the team that wins Game 6 has gone on to win Game 7 in only 15 out of 37 instances (about 40%)
- I'm too lazy to calculate the all-time winning percentage of teams that won Game 6 in Game 7, but I assume it's something similar.
- For all that's made about the Spurs' experience (and rightly so), this will only be their third Game 7 of the Tim Duncan era. They are 1-1 in those 2 games, most recently losing to Dallas. S.A. is 2-2 all time.
- The Spurs haven't played a Game 7 on the road since 1990 when they lost at Portland.
- The Hornets' only Game 7's in history: Lost 2004 @ Miami, Lost 2001 @ Milwaukee. So this will be our first @ the Hive.
- Hornets-Spurs will be the 100th Game 7 in NBA Playoff History.
Make of that what you will. For us fans the quirky numbers can be fun, but I'm sure it's the last thing players pay attention to.