What is there to write about anyway?
We sucked --- that was the gist of it. No pride. No grit. No hustle. No anything. It was just awful.
No amount of optimism will help here. Just overall, a bad game for us. A few bullet points..
- Robin Lopez, Anthony Davis and Al Farouq Aminu combined for 9 rebounds. NINE.
- In fact, we sucked so much at rebounding (not just those 3). We had an ORB% of 23.6% (our season average is 27.5%). Minnesota? 44.1%! (season average of 30.1%).
- We shot just 28 of 70. In fact, we went 3-14 from downtown. And so many of those shots were jumpers. It's like the team was just yearning to go home (they probably were).
- Check this out -- Dante Cunningham was 9 for 9 from the field.
- On the other side, Rubio likes his getting his magic back. That beautiful baseline bounce pass to a cutting AK47? Wow.
The Hornets don't play until Wednesday vs. Phoenix at home. That's a very winnable game.