Your morning links. This post actually has nothing to do with the Oscars, but I heard that might drive traffic. In other news, it's Monday. Boooooo.
- If you're into the whole "reliving the horrific recent past" thing, here are a few game recaps for you to peruse from last night: Bradley Handwerger of WWL, Ken Trahan for NewOrleans.com, Mason Ginsberg for HoopDat, and Jake Madison of Swarm and Sting (congrats by the way to James Grayson and SaS for picking up a great writer in Jake). Also check out Hornets247, which I fail to link a specific post from not out of spite but because my browser (Chrome, Win7) crashed a couple times when I tried to open up the site. Hopefully you will not be so unlucky.
Jonathan Feigen writes for the Houston Chronicle that Landry feels he fits well in New Orleans. A couple quote bullets, aka QULLETES, from that story:
- "I went from 13 wins to almost 40 overnight. I fit right in. Coach Williams told me the first day we were pretty much a defensive minded team, defense first. I like that because defense wins games."
- "He told me just to be myself, be Carl. Really, no pressure."
- The same story mentions that a couple nights after holding Deron Williams to a 3 for 12 night, Kyle Lowry held Chris Paul to a 2 for 12 performance. How much of that is on Chris Paul is for you, the reader, to decide obviously.
- Bleacher Report says the Hornets should relocate. I should warn you that this is two minutes of your life you will not be getting back. I'm not sure why I'm linking it really. I probably should delete this whole bullet point. Yeah. Yep. Mhm.
- Finally, a very important issue: what is the official At the Hive nickname of Carl Landry? Speak now or forever call him by whatever name some other commenter decides.