Your morning (M-F) links. Happy Dewey Decimal Day.
- Back in the olden days, people used to go to these things called "libraries." Here, one could find "books." The Dewey Decimal System was, according to Wiki, a "proprietary system of library classification." I'm told all three things still exist, but who really knows.
- Chris Paul is on the cover of the latest edition of Dime Mag. CP wrote his own cover story, which you can find at newsstands nationwide. Also check out the story behind the story as told by Austin Burton- one of my favorite basketball writers- on the magazine's website.
- Marc Stein has a really, really good roundup of Hornets ownership/transfer/investment news. I don't know that there's a more prolific (and wholly impartial) NBA reporter out there right now. Must read.
- Yesterday, Fletcher Mackel linked Yahoo! co-founder David Filo with a potential team ownership bid. But a Yahoo! spokesman stepped forward to deny those rumors.
- I've been talking this week about setting up a fund for Hornets tickets. It still may happen, but you should definitely check out Joe Gerrity (from H247) and his new non-profit "Save Our Hornets" which is attempting to realize many of the same goals we laid out here.
No, it doesn't necessarily mean that the Hornets will get better. It's league wide, but may very well be a reflection of how teams start to gel offensively as the season goes along. Maybe. One may question why defenses don't "gel" the same way. In any case, let's hope the Hornets experience a similar upward trend as we move forward.