Sean: Oh, that's no good. I think he's gonna score. How do we guard that next time?
David: I don't know how to guard layups. That's why I usually hang out at the top of the key instead of under the bucket.
Sean: What's a layup? I only know how to dunk.
Chris: Guys! Seriously?!
Memphis 84 (17-51) | New Orleans 96 (43–25)
A brief look at the score would tell you that the Hornets got a solid W, just like they were supposed to do all along. A look at the box score would tell you this game should have had a wider margin of victory if we had made anything from deep (2 for 11 from downtown). And, finally, a trip to the arena last night would tell you that the margin of victory would have been even larger if we hadn't let the Grizzlies control the tempo for the first half.
Regardless, it's still a solid W considering we were (still) without Peja or TC. You hate for DX and CP to play 41 minutes a piece, but until all of our starters are back and healthy, they probably won't get the rest they need to take us deep into the playoffs.
That having been said, both guys had monster nights with DX putting up 29 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 steal while CP added 32 points, 5 rebounds, 9 assists, and 5 steals. Rasual and JuJu also made a few contributions, but most of the team spent the night in foul trouble, contributing little in the way of usable stats.
Bullets after the jump.
- The whole game I was thinking, "Man, Rudy Gay has to be the worst shot selector ever." But then I looked at his line in the box score and he ended up making half of his shots.
- Marc Gasol abused Hilton down low for most of the first (at least until we pulled Hilt due to foul trouble). I was really worried that this matchup (or one with Sean Marks) was going to be exploited all night, but instead the Bees stepped it up on D and held Gasol to a very mediocre 12-6 night.
- Another solid performance from JuJu. Not only is he gaining more confidence as a shooter, but his passing skills are improving at light speed (he had 4 assists tonight).
- I ran into Sean Marks at a bar after the game. Not important, but it happened.
- I can't think of anything else. See you Sunday.
Photos courtesy of yahoo.com
Composed to: Dusty Springfield's Dusty in Memphis (cheezy, but what the heck)
The opponent's take: 3 Shades of Blue